So here’s my highly experimental contribution to this week’s Wednesday Stamper challenge. I copied a “shaman flight” pic from the Museo del Oro in Bogotá, Colombia (btw one of the most impressive museums I have seen so far) and created an acrylic medium transfer on transparent paper. Background is walnut ink and oil pastels, as well as black marker for roughly outlining the shaman bird; I distressed the area where I attached the transfer of the shaman bird. I only used two stamps, one from A Stamp in the Hand (just the feathery part) and one from Paperbag…
The text “Aguilas y cóndores nos comunican con el mundo de arriba” (Eagles and Condors link us to the upper world) is from the press department of the Museo del Oro and will greet the traveler as she arrives at Bogotá International Airport.
This afternoon I read in Belinda’s Blog that a new Blossfeldt edition was coming our way this week. I had just copied some of the images I have from a Blossfeldt book to play around with them on Sunday, and I also had done a small acrylic gel medium transfer with one of his fabulous fern photographs. Now isn’t this a funny coincidence? I must say that I absolutely adore those photographs, and that I am in awe with the craftsmanship they represent. Blossfeldt himself did not refer to his photos as art, and he was mainly doing them for educational reasons. I am fascinated with this…
Blossfeldt might be a new theme for the Wednesday Stamper, wouldn’t it? Still not sure what I am going to do with the fern transfer. I used a background I had prepared with watercolor markers in turquoise shades.
OK, this week’s theme at the Wednesday Stampers is right up my alley. I love the reds of the world! And I did something different (for me). I was in a girlishly romantic mood today. Here’s what I’ve come up with.
Stamps are from Hero Arts and the big L is from Making Memories. I have had quite an inclination lately towards the color combination of bright reds with turquoise.
Even though this card is very old, it is one of my favorites. And I thought since I have already made two new cards for the “Winged” theme, you’d bear with me for submitting it anyways 🙂
The technique is as follows: I found a sun image and cut it out, then used it as a masque and used the Copic airbrush system for creating the background. Stamps are – if I remember well – from Zettiology.